The Dimensions Collaborative School Counseling Department adheres to the National Standards for School Counseling.
These standards state that the counseling program will help students acquire specific knowledge and skills in the areas of Academic Development, Career Development, and Personal/Social Development.
- Acquire the attitude, knowledge, and skills that contribute to effective learning
- Employ strategies to succeed in school
- Understand the relationship of academics to the world of work, role in the community, and to life at home
- Acquire the skills to investigate the world of work in relation to knowledge of self and make appropriate career decisions
- Employ strategies to achieve future career success and satisfaction
- Understand the relationship between personal qualities, education and training, and the world of work
- Acquire the attitude, knowledge, and interpersonal skills to help students understand and respect self and others
- Make decisions, set goals, and take appropriate action to achieve goals
- Understand safety and survival skills
The Dimensions Counseling Department helps students develop the above knowledge and skills through:
Individual student/parent meetings regarding academic progress and career goals
- Academic and College/Career workshops
- Dissemination of information regarding financial aid, college entrance requirements, college entrance exams, etc.
- Consultation with Educational Facilitators regarding student's academic performance, academic schedule, and progress toward graduation
- Consultation with Educational Facilitators and families regarding academic, career, and personal/social situations
- Coordination of our Student Success Team (SST) to assist in identifying and providing intervention strategies for students and their families
- School-wide prevention and intervention strategies and counseling services
- Crisis intervention and referral to community agencies for ongoing care, as needed
Greg Hawkins, Academic Counselor
Appointments are preferred