Admissions » Admissions F.A.Q.

Admissions F.A.Q.

Applications FAQ Image

What documents are needed to enroll?

  • Student Admissions Application - Available Online or Print
  • Independent Study Statement (required for all students)
  • Armed Forces Document (required for all students)
  • Copy of Student’s Birth Certificate (required for all students)

- Acceptable alternatives include:

- Baptismal Record

- Passport

- Green Card

- Foreign Birth Certificates

  • Copy of Student’s Immunization Record (required for all students)

- Personal Belief Exemption from prior school (does not apply to TK/kindergarten or 7th grade)

- Temporary or permanent medical exemption

- Note regarding medical exemptions: Starting July 1, 2019, a parent or guardian must submit a signed, written statement from a physician (MD or DO) licensed in California which states:

- The specific nature of the physical condition or medical circumstance of the child for which a licensed physician does not recommend immunization.

- Each specific required vaccine that is being exempted.

- Whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary.

- If the exemption is temporary, an expiration date no more than 12 calendar months from the date of signing.

  • 2 (two) forms of Residency Verification (each statement date must be within the last 60 days) (required for all students)

- Utility bill (Water, Trash, Gas, Electric or internet)

- Rental agreement or mortgage statement

- Property tax statement

- Pay stub

- Voter registration

  • Health Check Form (required for TK/kindergarten and first grade students entering the California school system for the first time)
  • Dental Check Form (required for TK/kindergarten and first grade students entering the California school system for the first time)
  • Unofficial copy of high school transcripts (required for grades 9-12)
  • Copy of current IEP or 504 plan for any student who has an active IEP or 504 plan (if applicable)*
*while not required for enrollment these documents aide in timely implementation of services


How do I know my student has been enrolled?


An Educational Facilitator (EF) will contact you via the email or phone number you provided during the registration process. The EF will set a meeting time to get started with your student’s Personalized Learning Plan!


What is your Transitional Kindergarten (TK) Policy?


Transitional Kindergarten is the first year of a two-year Kindergarten program. 


Students must be 5 years old between September 2 and December 2, 2019 to qualify for Transitional Kindergarten for the 2019 -2020 school year.



What is your Kindergarten Policy?


Students entering Kindergarten for the 2019 - 2020 school year must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2019.


How do I learn more about programs offered?


You can learn more about our programs under the Enrichment tab above or email or by calling 877.300.8299.

My student was enrolled!  How do I get my student’s records from the previous school?

Once your student is enrolled, DCS will request your student's cumulative file from the previous school.  We recommend you DO NOT disenroll your student from their current school until you are contacted by the Registrar's office confirming that their application is complete.

I created the online application account and I forgot my password?


If you already have an account and need to retrieve your username or reset your password please visit the Online Registration site where you will be able to select “Forgot my Password” or “Forgot my Username” under the log-in dialog box. The link is on the Admission page above. 


What devices / browsers should I use? 


We support most devices. Windows and Mac computers using Safari, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox. We also support mobile devices, Ipads, Android, etc.
All the documents you will need to print out can be found on the admissions page. We recommend you start with the Checklist first.